The definitive resource for making vegetable-based soaps from scratch, from buying supplies to cutting the final bars.
by Susan Miller Cavitch
It's fun to make your own natural soaps at home! Susan Miller Cavitch takes the mystery out of soapmaking, sharing her formulas for making high-quality vegetable-based soaps that are good for your skin -- and free of synthetic additives.
The Natural Soap Book gives you:
* Clear directions and illustrations to guide you step-by-step through the entire process -- from buying supplies to cutting and trimming the final bars.
* Recipes for old favorites like oatmeal/honey and avocado soaps to Susan's unique recipes for goat milk, borage, and even a tropical shampoo bar.
* Creative wrapping and gift packaging ideas.
* Formulas for exotic specialty scents like Holiday Spice, Sweet Earth, and Southern Summers.
* Profiles and tips from professional soapmakers.
Milk Soaps - 35 recipes - 266 pages
Milk Based Soaps 12 recipes - 96 pages
The Natural Soap Book - 192 pages
Soap Crafting - 31 recipes - 240 pages
SoapMakers Companion - 40 recipes - 288 pages